Mission, Vision, Beliefs, Strategies
The mission of NCSSSMST, the nation’s alliance of secondary schools and programs preparing students for success and leadership in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, is to serve our members’ students and professionals, to foster collaborations, to inform STEM policy, and to advocate transformation in education.
Updated by the Board of Directors June, 30, 2009
The Consortium will serve as a catalyst for transforming education by empowering students, teachers, and communities to meet the demands of a technologically advanced world.
Updated by the Board of Directors June 30, 2009.
The National Consortium for Specialized Secondary Schools of Mathematics, Science, and Technology, believes that:
- Each person has intrinsic worth.
- Nurturing creativity is essential for expanding human potential.
- People develop best in communities which are safe, compassionate, and open-minded.
- Honesty and integrity are essential elements for healthy human relationships.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- People have the responsibility to care for the environment.
- In all areas of human endeavor, the search for truth is a worthy pursuit.
- Appreciation of cultural diversities is essential for people to participate in a global community.
- Individual potential is independent of gender, race, and socioeconomic status.
- We will establish, develop and support collaborative projects which will further the Consortium's commitment to transform mathematics, science and technology teaching and learning.
- We will promote exemplary educational programs.
- We will contribute to the development of national policy related to mathematics, science and technology teaching and learning.
- We will explore emerging ideas, research and practices in mathematics, science and technology.
- We will provide mechanisms to gather and disseminate information.
- We will recruit, maintain and inform members and encourage active participation.
- We will actively pursue financial support for the Consortium.